Entertainment Report

Taylor Swift Emerges in Blake Lively–Justin Baldoni Legal Battle as New Court Filings Are Unsealed

Taylor Swift Emerges in Blake Lively–Justin Baldoni Legal Battle as New Court Filings Are Unsealed

The legal fight between Blake Lively and Justin Baldoni has taken a new turn with the emergence of Taylor Swift in newly unsealed court documents.

According to filings released Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, Lively privately discussed her alleged experiences on the set of the 2024 film It Ends with Us with close friends, including Swift. The documents include text exchanges in which Lively described Baldoni in unflattering terms and later revisited the situation with Swift as media coverage began to surface.

In one exchange cited in the filings, Swift commented on the unfolding situation and compared it to a “horror film no one knows is taking place,” reflecting concern for her longtime friend. CNN reports Swift has not publicly commented, and her representatives were contacted for response.

Lively has accused Baldoni and his production company, Wayfarer Studios, of sexual harassment and orchestrating a retaliatory effort to damage her reputation. Her legal team says the newly unsealed messages show concerns were documented in real time and that the production company failed to investigate them.

Baldoni and Wayfarer have denied the allegations. His attorney said the evidence does not support Lively’s claims and expressed confidence that the legal process will clear their names.

The dispute escalated after a New York Times investigation detailed allegations from a civil rights complaint filed by Lively. Baldoni later sued the newspaper, Lively, and her husband Ryan Reynolds, alleging defamation and interference with his career. Those lawsuits were dismissed in 2025. Lively’s case against Baldoni is now scheduled for trial in May 2026.

Swift’s name first surfaced publicly in the dispute last year when Baldoni attempted to subpoena her in relation to text messages referenced in court filings. A judge ultimately denied that request.

The newly released documents also reference alleged complaints from other cast members, adding further scrutiny to the film’s production as the case continues.

Credit: CNN Newsource
Explore: NBCPalmSprings.com, where we are connecting the Valley.

By: CNN Newsource

January 21, 2026

Blake Lively lawsuitJustin Baldoni legal battleTaylor Swift textsIt Ends with Us controversyHollywood lawsuitcelebrity legal news
Link Copied To Clipboard!
Taylor Swift Emerges in Blake Lively–Justin Baldoni Legal Battle as New Court Filings Are Unsealed